Sofa, Recamiere, Triclinium, Ottoman, Chaise Longue, Sofa
From the delicate Récamière to the Baroque bench to the sumptuous 4-seater sofa for the salon: On LouisXV.de you will find a fine selection of high quality replicas of original furniture for lying and sitting. And this at reasonable prices.
A Recamiere was originally a recumbent seated and reclining chair, but with equally high, curved armrests, from the unbroken chaise longue at the beginning of the 19th century emerged.
the chaise longue was after the French Salonnière Julie Récamier (1777-1849) named after she immortalized on such the French painter Jacques-Louis David.
Today, this term refers to seating furniture, which have in common that they do not have complete back or side rests; From the original design without backrest, but with two armrests has become such a piece of furniture, which is often provided with backrest, in which the armrests but only hinted.
Other matching living room furniture can be found in our headings for armchairs and & nbsp; coffee tables, & nbsp; as well as complete sets in sets.
LouisXV furniture is made in following styles
- Baroque (Louis-equatorze /Louis IXV /Louis-Treize /Louis XIII) 1620 - 1720
- Rococo /Late Baroque (Louis-quinze /LouisXV /Régence) 1720-1750
- Classicism (Zopfstil /Josephine /Empire /Louis Seize /Louis XVI /Directoire) 1750 - 1815
- Restoration (Biedermeier /Louis-Philippe) 1815 -1848
- Historism /Eclecticism (Second Empire /Napoleon III.) 1848 -1910